This is just a list of articles/blogs posts/links about textures, texture filtering, mipmaps, compression and other interesting things related to images in OpenGL (or general graphics programming).
Texturing in general
- Fundamentals of Computer Graphics
- Chapter 9 and 11: Signal Processing and Texture Mapping
- Real-Time Rendering, Third Edition
- Chapter 6: Texture mapping
- Computer Graphics: Principles and Practice (3rd Edition)
- Chapter 20: Textures and Texture Mapping
- Applying Sampling Theory To Real-Time Graphics - long, but very important article. I had a lot of signal processing subjects, but I could not easily translate it to Graphics programming. This article helps a lot!
- About OpenGL Textures: storage, objects, parameters, samplers.
- Great introduction to texturing in OpenGL
- Linear Filtering
- Texture filtering - Android
- Great description of compression in GL
- Texture Mapping in OpenGL: Beyond the Basics, Superbible
- From the superbible series, excerpt
- Description with samples.
- Explanation of DXT compression techniques, from 2005, but still a valid resource.
- discussion about POT and NPOT textures
- NPOT texture ARB extension