I would like to share with you my thoughts on two useful devices that I've bought recently: Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 and Logitech h800 headset.
One was needed to replace my older version, and the other to increase and improve communication.
Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 (Wifi)
As you may know, some time ago (actually more that three years ago! ) I bought the first version of Galaxy Tab model (P1010). At that time it was pretty decent and I used it in various situations. Unfortunately, now it is not that powerful. Browsing even semi advanced Web sites is painful, not to mention newest games. I decided that I need an upgrade :)
My budget was around 200$, I wanted 7 or 8 inch model with at least 1280x800 resolution, light and with some decent battery life. I did not play much games, so I probably do not need the most powerful hardware.
In the first place I considered three Asus models: Nexus 7 (2013), ASUS MeMO Pad 7 ME176 and ASUS MeMO Pad 8. Nexus has a great opinions and even though it's from 2013 it has still one of the best spec! MeMO Pads are very cheap and offer pretty nice experience. I almost bought 8 inch version... but...
Then, I noticed Samsung's new series of Galaxy Tab. Since my previous experience was very positive I decided to stick with this series. But which version should I take?
7 inch version is one of the lightest tablets out there. It weights more than 100 less than my first version! It has great opinions and is very popular.
But, as you see, I went for 8 inch version. here is why:
- The screen is bigger! what a surprise ;)
- It is also very light
- It's width is almost the same as my first model, only a bit higher.
- It has more powerful specs and 16gb of storage (only 8gb in the 7 inch version)
- Gpu is better Mali vs vivante
- Bigger battery, so it might last longer
- I wanted to try and risk a bit with larger screen.
My thoughts after playing with it for around a month:
- Looks great!
- The size is perfect. Most of the time I keep it vertically, so much more convenient to me.
- Battery lasts for around 8 hours of Web browsing plus writing, reading pdfs, YouTube from time to time.
- It has a special Samsung feature called multi window
- Touch wiz is very convenient to use, I really like it
- Of course it is shipped with the latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat
To sum up: this is a great tablet. It costs a bit more than my initial budget, but it was worth those money.
Btw: most of this post was written on the tablet, just using Dropbox text editor and sync option between devices.
Logitech H800 (Wireless)
I've been doing lot of Skype talks recently and I had only a cheap headset, no name company. After several calls, my ears were craving for something better!
It was was a quick action. This time I didn't spent much time on trying to buy the best device for given amount of money. I just went to a shop, compared Logitech H600 vs Logitech H800 and got the latter one.
Logitech h800 just felt a bit better compared to the other version. The price difference was not that huge so I went for it.
What is my opinion about it?
- Very very convenient to use!
- You can walk around the house and still hear the conversation or talk to the microphone.
- Sound quality is very decent, if you are not an audiophile then you will not tell the difference.
- Battery lasts for around 6 hours.
- You can use the headphones while charging. so no risk that you will lose any call because of the battery.
- Real Bluetooth so you can use with lots of different devices
Previously I used mostly small headphones (in-ear), so my head need to get used to full (our-ear) headphones, still it's not a problem and every day I like my H800 more and more :)